Pokemon City Championships 2015-2016
SATURDAY DECEMBER 12th 2015
In the Pokémon TCG City Championship tournaments, players in each of the three recognized age divisions can work toward earning Championship Points, increasing their chance of earning awards or even an invitation to the World Championships in San Francisco, California in August 2016.
The Pokémon TCG City Championships do not require an invitation or qualification. All players in good standing are welcome to participate.
Registration 8:30 – 9:45 a.m. There will be a solid cut off at 9:45 a.m. This means you MUST be in line WITH COMPLETED Deck List & Completed Registration form by 9:45 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS! If you arrive late you will receive a round 1 loss. City Championships Events will begin approximately 10:00 – 10:15 a.m. (depending on attendance and number of players needing to be registered)
- Junior and Senior Division Players are FREE
- Masters Division – $10.00/player – CASH ONLY
- Your Play! Pokémon Player ID#. Be certain that your account is activated and you’ve opted into player rankings to be awarded Play! Points and Championship Points.
- If you are 13 years old and older you may sign up for your own Pokémon Trainer Club account at www.pokemon.com (Make sure to make note of your username & password so you can log back into your account.) Once you have done this, please go to your Play! Pokémon Settings page and either add a Play! Pokémon Player ID# you received at a previous event, or have a number assigned to you.
- If you are under 13 years old, you MUST have your parent set up a Pokémon Trainer Club account in his/her name first and then use the + ADD Child button to set up the Pokémon Trainer Club account for you as the child. Once that process is complete, then your parent can get you the Play! Pokémon Player ID# at your Play! Pokémon Settings page.
- Standard – Modified 60 card deck.
- Legal & Legible decklist. http://pokegym.net/decklist/ Be sure to use Blank Deck/Standard to create your decklist. There will also be blank decklists at the venues for you to use, but it is always appreciated when players use the one at PokéGym.
- YOUR OWN dice, damage counters, randomizers and special condition markers.
- PLAY! POKÉMON TCG RULES and FORMATS & PLAY! POKÉMON GENERAL EVENT RULES It is every player’s responsibility to read, periodically review for any updates and understand these rules when attending events. These are at www.pokemon.com – click Green “Attend Events” box, Play! Pokémon Links menu – Rules & Resources
(As of 7/13/15 – 2015-2016 season)
Junior Division – born in 2005 or later
Senior Division – born in 2001, 2002, 2003, or 2004
Masters Division – born in 2000 or earlier
These City Championships Events will be played as follows:
- Swiss Rounds – Single-Game Matches = 30 minutes + 3 turns.
- Top Cut Rounds – Best-of-Three Matches = 60 minutes + 3 turns.
Pokémon TCG City Championships FAQ and Information page is at the below link: (this also includes prize support information)
If you log into www.pokemon.com and scroll to the bottom of the page you will see logos for the various Championship events. If you click a logo it will take you to a FAQ document for that particular event. Use the arrows on the right and left to scroll through the menu of different events. It’s a good idea to keep this bookmarked for future reference so you know where to find this information as you need it.
Play! Points and Championship Points earned are for the 2015-2016 Season http://www.pokemon.com/…/pokemon-…/earn-championship-points/ to see further breakdowns and explanations.
Prizes are awarded to the top players in each of three age divisions.
Players MUST have a Pokémon Trainer Club account that has been activated by attaching your Play! Pokémon Player ID#. Players must be opted in to the Play! Pokémon program in order to earn points.
All participants will receive 2 Play! Points just for playing!